Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
People living with disabilities
Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
Grant amount5,000 - 25,000 EUR
Project duration12 - 24 Months
Closing date30 Sep 2018
This grant is dedicated to small and/or emerging informal groups where the Voice target groups and their organizations are in the driving seat, whether leading on their own, with allies, or exploring and co-creating solutions with others to address issues of marginalization, stigmatization, or discrimination against them.
Empowerment Grant has a minimum of €5, 000 to a maximum of €25, 000. The life of projects under this grant must not exceed 24 months.
What do we wish to fund?
This Call for Proposals is intended for projects that focus on Voice defined themes and target groups.
- Age Discriminated Groups: Youths and Elderly
- Ethnic Minority and Indigenous People
- LGBTI (Lesbians, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex) group
- Women facing Exploitation, Abuse and Violence (WEAV)
- People with Disability (PWD)
Voice remains committed to the principle of leaving no one behind. Thus, while this call targets WEAV & PWD specifically, applications that are able to demonstrate credible instances of intersectionality with at least one or two other target groups identified above stand better chance, including the youth both as a stand-alone interest and also as a cross cutting component.
All projects MUST focus on at least one or all of the following impact themes:
- Improved access to (productive) resources such as land, extractives and employment,
- Improved access to social services, particularly health and education, and
- Fostering space for political participation and citizen engagement
Below are examples of actions that this grant will support but are not limited to:
- Facilitating safe spaces for the Voice target groups, in particular the young people, to come together and discuss issues peculiar to them in a free and non-judgmental environment;
- Facilitating capacity building process for Voice target groups or their representatives so that they can collectively act against discriminatory practices;
- Actions aimed at restoring and/advancing the self-confidence, self-esteem, or self-acceptance of the Voice target groups, or one that can motivate and prompt them into positive action;
- Facilitate process that promote inclusiveness which will lead to acceptance Voice target groups into their family, specific community, or society at large;
- Facilitate transformative leadership of Voice target groups at community level;
- Rebuilding indigenous groups especially those that has been pushed away by development;
Who do we wish to fund?
Applications are only being accepted from locally registered Nigerian organisations as lead applicant. Only target led applications will be accepted. This means that the target group that the organisation aims to represent governs and manages the organisation and the principle of Nothing About Us Without Us guide the work.
Note that the applicant need not be a registered organization so long as it can identify a host organization to partner with for the receipt of fund because Voice can only transfer funds to a bank account in the applicant’s name. Voice Nigeria will support the applicant through this host/applicant partnership process.
Where do we wish to fund?
Voice Nigeria will only fund projects that intend to work in Abuja and Enugu. However, Enugu remains the preferred State for empowerment activities.
What we won’t fund:
Voice Nigeria will not fund costs like ‘seed fund/kick-starting fund’ designated as service delivery or Income generating initiatives.
How to apply?
To submit your application, please follow the steps below;
- Carefully read Voice Nigeria Grant manual.
- Download the Application Form and the budget template and fill them up. You may want to continue the application on a later day so that you have enough time to fill up the application form before uploading it to our online system.
- Fill up our online application and upload your filled proposal and budget.
Only completed applications will be reviewed for which our templates need to be used. We accept applications for empowerment grants in handwriting, or in audio or video.
Applications can be submitted at any time but please note that the first review cycle will start 30th September, 2018. This means anything submitted before that date will be reviewed and outcome communicated to applicants on or before the 15th of November 2018. Anything received after will be reviewed during a next cycle which we will announce next year.
Do you have any questions?
You are advised to read the Frequently Asked Questions found from the website: https://www.voice.global/f-a-q/ to see whether your question has already been responded to. However, if you still have further questions then you can contact us through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.