Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
People living with disabilities
Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
Grant amount25,000-200,000 Euro
Project duration18 - 36 Months
Closing date10 Aug 2018
Are you a locally registered Ugandan organisation that wants to advocate for effective implementation of laws, formulation of new policies? Do you want to drive attitudinal change amongst Ugandan people or (central or local) government towards the Voice target groups? Are you passionate about building a network of like-minded organisations to amplify the voices of marginalised and discriminated groups? Do you want to try out innovative ways of influencing policy change in Uganda?
If your answer is yes to the questions above, then consider applying for this Call for Proposals!
We are currently accepting proposals from formally registered organisations, networks, coalitions and consortia for projects between 18 to 36 months, for a grant of between EUR 25,000 to EUR 200,000. This may be the last national Influencing Call, so grab your chance while you can!
Influencing Grants are very competitive, and priority will be given to organisations led by the Voice target groups based on the principle Nothing About Us Without Us. Equally important in the selection process are proposals that bring in innovative ideas. These may be tried and tested as influencing methods in working with the target groups, audiences and themes. In your innovation, you may also wish to partner with campaigners and artists who encourage new ways of advocacy and policy influence.
What do we wish to fund?
This Call for Proposals is intended for projects that focus on Voice defined themes and target groups. If the application does not sufficiently address one or more themes, primarily benefit at least one of the Voice target groups, the application will be rejected.
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- Persons with disabilities
- Age discriminated especially the youth and elderly
- Indigenous people and ethnic minorities
Voice considers the most marginalised and discriminated groups as those with multiple grounds for vulnerabilities. Therefore, a strong preference will be given to projects that intend to work with more than one target group to address overlapping or multiple vulnerabilities.
All projects MUST focus on at least one of the following impact themes:
- Improved access to (productive) resources such as land, water and employment,
- Improved access to social services, particularly health and education, and
- Fostering space for political participation and citizen engagement
Who do we wish to fund?
Applications are accepted from ONLY locally registered not-for-profit Ugandan organisations working in the greater North, Eastern and West Nile sub-regions of Uganda. International organisations are NOT eligible to apply as lead organisations but can be co-applicants in case of consortium applications. The applicant MUST be target group-led, as demonstrated by your governance and staffing structures.
What we won’t fund:
- Proposals that don't meet the criteria above! In those instances we request you NOT to apply.
- Organisations with an annual turnover of over €2 million.
- An application where the Voice grant represents more than 50% of the total annual income of the applicant’s organisation. The way to calculate this is to divide the requested amount by the annual income. If the result of this calculation is over 50% you can either reduce the requested amount or team up as part of a consortium where you can add up the budgets.
- Funding of commercial services, investment or other commercial activities.
How to apply?
You are required to do the eligibility test available in the next tab. If you belief you are eligible and would like to submit an application, please download and carefully read and complete the following:
Once completed, these documents need to be uploaded through our online application system, where you will also be asked to respond to general questions about . Any proposal submitted by mail or Email will be automatically rejected. The deadline is 10 August 2018, 5PM East African time. You are required to use the Voice Templates. Please note that the maximum file size of uploaded documents is 10.0 MB.
Do you have any Questions?
You are advised to read the Frequently Asked Questions to see whether your question has already been responded to. However, if you still have further questions then you can contact us through the following email address: Uganda@voice.global.