Innovate and Learn Grant
Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
People living with disabilities
Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
Grant amount5,000 - 250,000 EUR
Project duration12 - 24 Months
Closing date16 Sep 2018
Are you an organisation that is up for developing creative and innovative projects with the Voice target groups? Do you have a history of trying and documenting new things to help push the boundaries somewhat? Do you want to inspire attitudinal and policy change amongst people and government in Laos towards your target group? Do you want to try new ways to innovate and learn at a national and/or local level?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, then you may be the Innovate and Learn grantee Voice in Laos is looking for!
Innovate and Learn grants are for groups and/or organisations interesting in testing and scaling new approaches that are human-centred and adapted to suit the local context. Innovate and learn grants are available from €5,000 to €200,000 on a rolling basis with two review cycles a year. Innovate and Learn grants are for a minimum period of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months.
What do we mean by innovation?
For Voice, Innovation means anything that has not been tried before in a particular context, prioritising human-centred methodologies and approaches. If you have a new idea, method or approach, you are welcome to propose it in your application. Innovation also means using tried and tested influencing methods but for new purposes and /or with new target groups, audiences, geographical areas and/or themes.
Voice encourages network, partnership and consortia applications because each organisation may bring new ideas to the project and each partner can learn from each other. You may also wish to partner with "unusual suspects" like media companies, campaigners and artists who may encourage new ways of advocacy and influence.
Here are some ideas, some outrageous, some less.
- Local library or school reading by LGBTI community (or any target group for that matter) to reduce stigma and expose children to differences, creating tolerance etc.
- Develop a book / story on target groups: If Cindarella was cinderfella, the shocking truth about books
- Tuktuks driven by women: Planned Parenthood (Pink Rikshas in Pakistan), Dosso (Niger)
- Restaurants managed by target group which can provide income and at the same time increase societal participation and reduce stigma: For example Intellectual disabilities and Down syndrome Brownies by downies or Upside Café in The Hague Netherlands
- Milkshake Festival: An LGBTI festival for inclusion
- Poet festival focusing on inclusion: Festival International de Slam et d’ Humour de Mali
- Voice Caravan of photos including at national museums, Ministry and Embassy
- Nurturing local talent through organising a talent show for inclusion
- Local application for a local Uber (run by women)
- Great ideas for inclusive education
- Fashion show by and for People With Disabilities
The message should be clear: we are looking for creativity!
How to apply?
Before applying for this grant, please do the Eligibility Test in the next tab to determine whether your organisation is eligible.
If yes, please read the Grant Manual in English or in Lao.
And download the following:
Once completed, these documents need to be uploaded, before 16 September 2018, 5 PM Lao time, through our online application system.
Only completed applications will be reviewed for which our templates need to be used. Applications should preferably be in English although Lao applications are also accepted. Some basic information needs to be completed in English. Please note that the maximum file size of uploaded documents is 250MB.
Innovate and Learn grants can be submitted at any time but please note that the review cycle will take place starting 16 September 2018. This means anything submitted before that date will be reviewed as part of that review cycle, anything after will be reviewed during the next cycle.
When will funding decision be made?
All applications will be reviewed and communicated before 31 October 2018.
What if you have questions about the process?
Questions about this grant and other open grants may be submitted by email or during outreach sessions. The questions will be anonymised and published with answers on the internet where appropriate. Questions can be submitted by email to: email@example.com . Answers will be updated on the website on a regular basis. Specific outreach activities will be planned and details of the time and activities will be posted on this page and Facebook.