Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
People living with disabilities
Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
Grant amount25,000 - 200,000 EUR
Project duration18 - 36 Months
Closing date07 Sep 2018
Are you an organisation that is led by one of Voice’s target groups? Do you want to encourage policy change and/or change perceptions amongst people and governments in your region towards your target group? Do you want to try innovative and new ways to influence nationally?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, apply for an Influencing Grant! The Influencing grants is targeting organisations and networks to strengthen their influencing, lobby and advocacy capacities and amplify voice of marginalised and discriminated groups. We accept proposals for projects spanning a 18 – 36 months. Influencing grants that are country specific are available from €25,000 to €200,000 (approx. ₱1,300,000 to ₱10,600,000).
Some additional guidelines for applicants
Based on the results of the first cycle of the Influencing Grant, Voice offers tips for interested applicants:
- Prioritise the key issues to be addressed by the project. These should be directly linked to the needs of the target groups, and contextualised to the situation of the target areas.
- Describe how the target groups will meaningfully engage in the project. Advocacy efforts are more effective when driven or demanded by the target groups themselves. Voice follows the principle of nothing about us without us.
- Demonstrate the likelihood of achieving the project goals and objectives by providing a strong link to the identified strategies and activities. Long-term projection is also encouraged, but it is important to show what is achievable within the identified project duration. Use SMART indicators.
- Articulate clearly your previous efforts related to the project (direct or indirect). This is necessary in showing your commitment commitment in achieving the project goals.
- Integrate innovative approaches and methodologies. Voice promotes and supports effective solutions to address current social issues. You are challenged to assess whether the proposed strategies are business as usual or actually breakthrough solutions.
- Indicate how you will document your progress and what you are learning along the way. You are highly encouraged to be creative and apply different media (e.g. video, podcasts, blogs, social media, etc.) to tell your stories.
How to apply?
Please follow these steps:
- Take the eligibility test.
- Read the Grant Manual for guidelines on how to apply and what is expected of grantees.
- Read the baseline report infographics on issues Voice target groups face.
- Download and complete the following forms:
- Submit application through the online application system.
Deadline for submissions is 07 SEPTEMBER 2018.
Please take note that within this review period, Voice might ask you to submit additional documents as follows:
- Copy of registration certificate
- Organizational Profile
- Financial Reports for the past 2 years
- Audit Reports for the past 2 years
- Proof of bank account