Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
People living with disabilities
Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
Grant amount25,000 - 200,000 EUR
Project duration18 - 36 Months
Closing date19 Oct 2018
Are you a Tanzanian registered organisation that wants to advocate for effective implementation of progressive laws or formulation of new policies and procedures? Are you passionate about building a network of like-minded organisations to challenge acts that are against national, regional and international laws that promote, protect and defend freedom of expression, media freedom and access to information? Do you want to drive attitudinal change amongst Tanzania citizens or governments towards the Voice target groups? Do you want to try out innovative ways of influencing policy change in Tanzania to have the desired effect?
If your answer is “yes, then you could consider applying for the Influencing Grant (IF) through this Call for Proposals, to protect freedoms in Tanzania. Tunza Uhuru!
We are currently accepting proposals from nationally registered organisations, networks, coalitions and consortia for projects between 18 months to 24 months, for a grant of between EUR 25,000 to EUR 200,000.
Influencing Grants are very competitive, but preference will be given to proposals that bring in innovative ideas. We will support interventions that liberate—and that change the attitudes, beliefs, and policies of—Tanzania as a whole. Therefore, your project should seek to break down longstanding policies that continue to promote inequality.
In your innovation, you may also wish to partner with ‘unusual suspects’ such as artists, activists and businesses who may encourage new ways of advocacy and policy influence.
What do we wish to fund?
This Call for Proposals is intended for projects that focus on Voice defined themes and target groups. If the application does not sufficiently address one or more themes, primarily benefit at least one of the Voice target groups, the application will be rejected.
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- Persons with disabilities
- Age discriminated especially the youth and elderly
- Indigenous people and ethnic minorities
Voice considers the most marginalised and discriminated groups as those with multiple grounds for vulnerabilities. Therefore, a strong preference will be given to projects that intend to work with more than one target group to address overlapping or multiple vulnerabilities.
All projects MUST focus on at least one of the following impact themes:
- Improved access to (productive) resources such as land, extractives and employment,
- Improved access to social services, particularly health and education, and
- Fostering space for political participation and citizen engagement
Who do we wish to fund?
Applications are accepted from ONLY locally registered not-for-profit Tanzanian organisations working in Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Zanzibar, Tanga and Morogoro. International organisations are NOT eligible to apply as lead organisations but can be co-applicants in case of consortium applications.
What we won’t fund:
- Organisations with an annual turnover of over €2 million.
- An application requesting for Voice grant of more than 50% of the total annual income of the applicant’s organisation. The way to calculate this is to divide the requested amount by the annual income. If the result of this calculation is over 50% you can either reduce the requested amount or team up as part of a consortium where you can add up the budgets
- Funding of commercial services, investment or other commercial activities.
How to apply?
To submit your application, you are required to download and carefully read the following:
Once completed, these documents need to be uploaded through online system and NOT through email by 19th October 2018, 5PM East African time. You are required to use Voice Template, complete it before submitting through the online Application system. Please note that the maximum file size of uploaded documents is 10.0 MB.
Do you have any Questions?
You are advised to read the Frequently Asked Questions found from the website: https://www.voice.global/f-a-q/ to see whether your question has already been responded to. However, if you still have further questions then you can contact us through the email: Tanzania@voice.global.